My darling Daughter and I have decided to go shoeless for the summer, in as many places as we are allowed by law, to raise money and awareness for those who have never owned a pair of shoes.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 1

As we were out running our errands shoeless, we ran into a few rude people. Apparently, there are those who are uncomfortable with bare feet. I wonder how uncomfortable they would be to see someones foot looking like this...











Now that we have seen what a foot can look like...



This is what we looked like. I still wonder what those ladies would have felt had we have been suffering from podoconiosis.















None the less, we had our lunch at a fast food restaurant, who didn't ask us to leave! I do have to say though, my youngest son was very embarrassed by our shoeless antics. Poor kid will be scarred for life! Mom and sis without shoes in public.


Our next stop was the BMV. I must say, we were treated very well here :) We didn't even get stared at. I was a bit disappointed that no one asked why we were shoeless, but there will be many days to come! Next time we will be ready with fliers in hand explaining our goals. My oldest son, snapped this photo without us even knowing.


Now after 2 hours out on the town, my feet are quite dirty.

















We are going to need to invest in baby wipes I do believe!



So this is the first day of actual public shoelessness. Not too exciting, but was entertaining. Did I mention that pavement is rough? You won't hear me complaining though. I am choosing to go shoeless so that they don't have to!






3 comments:

  1. It's just great to see you girls taking a stand on naked feet! My son and I are watching your footpaths and we both agree it was very very good you had shoes on to look at the houses.
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for following us Rose! I hope you and your son enjoy our journey :) Thank you for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm amazed that no one from the stores has said anything to you yet! It's such an amazing thing that you're doing; you guys have a lot of courage! And, I'm praying that people are moved to give. We'll be following your journey!

    ReplyDelete